Apr 10 2009
The following SWF features the uiDialog component from Aspire UI Standard Edition:
- Dialog A shows a simple message with a single button (an “alert” dialog).
- Dialog B is shown with three buttons each with custom labels (a “confirmation” dialog). The “response” property returns the text label on the button pressed.
- Dialog C is shown with an input text field (a “prompt” dialog). The “response” property returns the text typed into the input text field if the OK button or ENTER key is pressed. Otherwise, the property returns null.
- A dialog can be closed by pressing the ESCAPE key, in which case the “response” property returns null.
- The image shown in the dialog is loaded from external PNG file and rendered using the uiImage class. The external image is loaded once and cached.
See also: uiDialog usage notes
Aspire UI Components
Aspire UI is a library of Actionscript 3.0 (AS3) classes for building flexible and lightweight UI elements in Adobe Flash applications. Key features include easy skinning using PNG image files, automatic tab focus ordering, CSS text styles, and layout management. This is a pure AS3 library with no dependency on the Flex framework. You may experiment with the various features by downloading a trial version.